Slips, trips, and falls are a major cause of preventable injuries and deaths in the workplace.
Exposure to wet floors, and possible slips, trips, and falls.
- Maintain floors in a clean and, so far as possible, dry condition, and mats provided where practicable. Walking/Working Surfaces Standard [29 CFR 1910.22(a)(2)].
- Provide warning signs for wet floor areas [29 CFR 1910.145(c)(2).
Other Recommended Good Practices:
- Implement a program to provide safe, immediate, clean-up of floor spills.
- Housekeeping procedures such as only cleaning one side of a passageway at a time, providing good lighting for all halls and stairwells can help reduce accidents.
- Instruct workers to use the handrail on stairs, to avoid undue speed, and to maintain an unobstructed view of the stairs ahead of them-even if that means requesting help to manage a bulky load.
- Eliminate uneven floor surfaces.
Outstanding Cleaning INC. has the proper cleaning equipment and trained employees to offer you a complete line of industrial cleaning services. If you have a specific surface that you need cleaned, please contact our office to discuss your project goals.